Thursday, October 9, 2008

So happy!

Rebecca, Dad and Jared.

I just love this picture. SO happy! Soooooooooo young! :) SO healthy :(


You will see many posts where I talk about Dad being THE best. He spent so much time with his kids. His life has revolved around his family. He absolutely loved doing things for us and with us. I often wonder how different our lives would have been without him. This brings me to the point where I have to let you know that even now I thank God that his kids are at the age they are when this disease has taken over.

Just today, I attended the funeral of our dear friend, Becky Stuart. Becky's youngest son is just 11 or 12. He did an amazing job at the funeral. He helped with the casket and read the eulogy. I was so proud of him. I have thought about him so much since her death and prayed especially hard for him. How heart wrenching to lose your Mom at such a tender age. I am comforted by the fact that he has a wonderful father and siblings.

My Dad is getting weaker by the day. When I think of the fact that he is so young, (just in his 60's) it makes me so GRATEFUL that he has had so many wonderful years with us. We have so many happy memories. I am so thankful that we are at the age we are. I am so heartbroken, this is happening, but I know it would have been much more devastating during our younger years.

We love you Dad!

No comments: