Friday, October 17, 2008

Friendship Friday/Dad and Uncle Steve

This is a picture of Dad with Uncle Steve. Steve is my Father-in-laws brother. The picture was taken at 'Leatherby's, a family owned ice-cream parlor.

Dad looks so well here. He and my Mom were visiting us to celebrate the birth of Olivia (our youngest daughter). It was 5 months before Dad found out about his cancer. For those who don't know, my Dad found out on his birthday, November 28th, 2006.

Uncle Steve knows only too well the pain of losing a loved one to cancer. Aunt Ruthie passed away in October 2005. She was an angel. Little did I know at this time that I too would feel similar pain just a few years later.
Uncle Steve and Aunt Ruthie have shown so much love to me since I moved to the States in 2001. I remember the first time I met them. It was at a Conrad family reunion in Provo, UT. I knew right away I would love being around them. Once Steve told me he had served a mission in England, we had a long conversation. We talked about trifle and he always looks forward to my Mom coming to visit as she always makes it. Elder Spencer W. Kimball (future prophet of the church) married Steve and Ruthie in the Salt Lake Temple.


Dad has touched so many lives and Uncle Steve always asks how Dad is doing. Just as I know Steve will be with his dear Ruthie one day, so do I know that my Mom will be with her dear John too.

He has been used to 'Dear John's' all his life! :)))

We love you Dad!

No comments: