Sunday, October 19, 2008

A message from a friend

Manti Temple, Utah


Today has been rough for me. I spoke to my Mom and Dad is so struggling to even get out a sentence now. He said 'I love you' and that was good enough for me. It is amazing what those three small words can really do for your soul.


I was wondering what I might post on this blog today and when I received this very touching e-mail to pass along to Dad, I felt very strongly that I should post it here. I wanted to do so, so you could see what an impression my Dad has been in the lives of others. A big thank you to Brother Hill (a previous Bishop in my ward) for his kindness and his permission in allowing me to post this wonderful message here for all to see.

Brother Sims,

I was in the temple last week. The gentleman who worked there had the most pleasing English accent. My mind was immediately filled with the image of your face. I felt so close to you at that moment and wished that I could see you. You are such an inspiration to me.

I know that you are struggling but I also know that the Lord is mindful of you and your familiy. We will keep you in our prayers. I think that we must have known each other in the pre-existence. It seems like you have always been my friend even though we have not known each other that long. I admire the strength you have.

I only hope that I would have been humble enough to recognize the message of the gospel had I been born outside the church, and then strong enough to live and be the kind of example that you have been for others. I will always remember your cheerful countenance and your strong testimony.

Please know that there are many of us who love you and pray for you. Your name comes up often in High Priest Group. You have had a great influence on all of us. I am sure that you were a friend of many of the noble and great ones and that the Prophet Joseph knew you by name.

I hope this message finds you feeling well and you are able to feel the love behind this short note. Thank you for your wonderful example.

Your brother,
Jeff Hill

"We love you Dad"

No comments: