Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One of the many visits to the hospital




This picture was taken in August 2007. Dad had an appointment at Castle Hill hospital. Lance and I and our children were getting ready to leave to go back to the US and so this was the last appt we went to. (I went to more when I went back to England in 2008).

It is not often you see the sky look so blue in Hull but today was a very nice day. Dad was always so positive at his appointments. He would usually get chatting to the patients and would tell a couple of jokes to the doctor. How I miss hearing his jokes! Did I really just write that? ;)

Have you ever wanted to turn back the clock? I am sure you have. I do many times. My mind is going crazy just lately. I wish this, I wish that, I want to do this, I want to do that. I should have done this, I should have done that.......WELL the thing I am beating myself up about now is the fact that I wonder if I should have never moved to Utah.

I am now wishing I had stayed in England. With Lance of course! When we were getting married, he told me he would live in England if that is what I wanted. Of course I didn't. Having lived in the US before, I had loved it and truly wanted to live here BUT when you have a sick Father, when you know your Mom is worn out with taking care of your sick Father 24/7 and you have a sister who suffers with MS and you want to be there to help her with her needs and her children you can't help but wish and wonder.

Here are the words to one of my favorite songs:

My Daddy is my favorite pal
and he helps me everyday
It's plain to see
I want to be
Like him in every way
He teaches me that honesty
is best in all I do
I'm very glad that he's my Dad
and I know he loves me too!!

I will never be like him in every way but hey a girl can dream :)


"We love you Dad"

No comments: