Friday, December 19, 2008

Families can be Together Forever

This picture was taken between 1980-1982. Dad was the Branch President of the Hull North Branch at the time.

I know those of you have been following this blog will know I am just sitting here sobbing right now. When I saw this picture, I said "Oh he looks so young, and so healthy and he has so much hair and it is so dark :)

Whilst Dad was Branch President, he did his very best. I remember him visiting many of the members regularly. As always, he wanted to make sure everyone was well and happy. He didn't have a car back then either. He would ride his bike for miles to go to visit people. We lived in Mersey Street at the time and most of the members lived on Bransholme/Sutton Park. Way back then, just like now, we just never heard him complain. Everything he did, he did with a good heart.

I mentioned in a very recent post how I want to have my Dad's glasses and his watch. Click here to read that post. I think I should also ask for a suit. It will remind me of the countless hours he spent serving God and his people. But then, I would need a pair of his jeans and a t-shirt as it really didn't matter what he was wearing, he was always serving God.

We really have been blessed with a wonderful Father. Michael, Rebecca, Jared and myself are really going through the hardest thing we have had to endure in our lives. I must mention our dear Mother here. What a wonderful husband he has been to her. What a wonderful wife she has been to him over the years and continues now to do everything she possibly can for him.

"I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me

I want to share my life with them through all eternity.

Families can be together forever

Through Heavenly Fathers plan.

I always want to be with my own family

And the Lord has shown me how I can,

The Lord has shown me how I can."

"We love you Dad"

No comments: