Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Having fun

This picture was taken in August 2007 just after one of Dad's many appointments at Castle Hill hospital.

I remember the day when pay phones were a part of every day life. Many times I stood outside in a line of people waiting to use it. With the convenience of cell phones now, pay phones are no longer really necessary.

I have mentioned this in a previous post but I really do miss hearing my Dad's voice. He always had a joke, always asked how everyone was doing and would never fail to ask if there was anything he could do for us. I never took those conversations for granted. I looked so forward to our daily chat. It is amazing how much you miss something as simple as a phone call.

I cannot hear my Dad's voice now. He always makes an effort to say "I love you" in a whisper. That means so much to me to hear that.

I asked Dad to never say 'Goodbye' on the phone. I always want 'I love you' to be the final words I hear him say.

What a man!!!


"We love you Dad"

No comments: