Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Tree of LIFE

I just LOVE this picture....and sure do LOVE these people. Look to the right (Picture of their wedding day.........They are still as beautiful all these years later and still very much in love.)

This picture was taken outside the Las Vegas Temple. They have always held on to the 'Tree of Life".

Today has been a very emotional day for me. Some days I cope pretty well and others I am an emotional wreck and wonder if I have any more tears left. Amazing how these tear ducts work isn't it? Sunday is the hardest day for me!

My daily phone call today was a real struggle. Dad is getting so weak and can barely say more than two sentences to me anymore. He didn't get to church and I seriously doubt he will ever be able to go again. He has been so faithful all his church life and has not missed church ever, unless it was due to illness..........and I mean real illness. The same with Home Teaching.

My Mom...........what an angel! So often, we feel for the person who is ill and in this case dying. I don't think the person who is the caregiver gets enough respect and praise. Please remember to keep my Mom in your prayers. How heart wrenching to see the one you have known and loved for the past 50 years be in a state like this. I plan on devoting an entire post to my angel Mother.

Today we were talking about the funeral. When someone is in a state like my Dad is, you know there is no chance of them ever getting well. These things have to be spoken about, as hard as it is. Dad has asked that I play the piano at his funeral........I asked my Mom if a piano worked under water due to all the tears that will be flowing. :)

We talked about hymns. I requested we sing page 113 in the hymn book. (LDS) "Our Savior's Love". This was the hymn Rebecca and Gary chose for their wedding. The words are very special.

"Our Savior's Love, Shines like the sun with perfect light,
As from above It breaks through clouds of strife.
Lighting our way, It leads us back into his sight,
Where we may stay, To share Eternal Life."

There won't be a dry eye in the church xxxxxx

I know I will have to memorize the whole thing if I do play as I won't be able to read the music.

Knowledge - What a wonderful thing! :)

No comments: