Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow!


Really wish he was! :)
I believe this picture was taken in Paris....ok upon looking closer, I KNOW it was, due to the French language on this poster. My Parents went to Paris to celebrate their 25th Wedding Anniversary in 1987. I was 19 at the time. The very next day after they left, I went to work in Minehead, Somerset at Somerwest World (formely known as Butlin's). It was a fun place to go on holiday. In fact, Alan, who I posted comments from yesterday came for a holiday with his lovely wife Gina and their then small children. It was so fun to see them.
Well 21 years have passed since then and my parents are still as beautiful and loving. Their next and final visit to Paris was with Lance and I in 2002. We went for New Year's and boy was that an experience. Post to follow about that memory. ;)
Today we actually went to the Zoo. Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City, UT. We were celebrating John's 5th birthday (tomorrow). We had so much fun looking at the animals, taking a ride on the train, watching a bird show and just being together as a family. It is a tradition for us. We have been to the zoo every year to celebrate John's birthday. I will post some pictures soon.
I was thinking of my Dad as I always do and every time I saw an older man today, I just kept thinking "My Dad will never reach that age". I choked up a few times and had to pull myself together.
I know I am going to feel his spirit, his presence, for the rest of my life. :)

No comments: