Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh we do like to be beside the seaside!


















In July 2007, my family (Lance, Natalie, Kayleigh, John and Olivia) and I made a surpise visit to England. We had known since February that Dad's surgery was unsuccessful (to remove the cancerous tumor) and we just 'showed up at my Parent's house. The look on my Dad's face was worth a thousand words. We have a wonderful time.

Amongst many things we did whilst we were over there, we went to the beach and had lots of fun.

One thing I have always loved about my Dad is the fact he has always wanted to do things with his family....( strangling his oldest daughter's neck must have come to his mind once or twice when she was a teenager! :)

He never liked to go anywhere without them. If Mom wasn't with him, he missed her. This will be for another post but when our son was born, Mom came here on her own and Dad walked around for 6 weeks like it was the end of the world.

He was a Father that always wanted to be with his children. This is something that even now has never changed. Family came first....no matter what!

When we went to the beach, or to the shops (stores), basically anywhere, we all would go together. As I mentioned in a previous post, we didn't have a car when we were younger and we walked all over the place. I remember many walks and bike rides.

How great to have so many wonderful childhood memories :)


1 comment:

carolm said...

max, thank you so much for sharing your dad with us. seeing and reading about his life through your eyes has brought several tears to my own. i know how much you love him and your family from your diva posts. this is just the icing on the cake.

i love you "my friend."

carol.