Friday, January 2, 2009

John's Angel

This is a picture taken of my Mother and daughter, Olivia in 2006.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother..."

My heart is full of love for my Mother just now. Actually, it always is but even more so now. For the person who is sick, they don't mind staying home as they are so ill, they don't worry about going out but for the carer who has to stay with the 'patient' 24/7, it has to be rough.

Mom and Dad used to go out all the time. Dad never liked to waste time by sitting doing nothing. He was always so very active that he found it hard to sit still. They enjoyed many days out. My poor Mom has now been housebound since September. I call her everyday and I always do my best to talk about good memories and life here. In all the letters my Dad has written, he has always made mention how much he loves my Mom. Dad is known for always asking people what he can do for them. Even though he lived 5,000 miles away from me, he would always ask if there was anything he could do for me. I always told him: "The best thing you can do for me is to love my Mother". He would always tell me he liked asking me what he could for me, as what I requested was so easy to do :)

I did ask my Mom to share a memory and she told me when she and Dad were courting/dating, they had gone to Scarborough for the day on the train. They were enjoying themselves so much that they had lost track of time. Suddenly, they realized they would miss their train so they ran all the way to the train station and only just made it in time. I have been told many times they have spent wonderful years together. I am glad I was able to experience 40 of those years.

If you have a moment, I would love you to send my Mother a 'Thinking of You' card. I have been the recipient of cards on numerous occasions and they really do something for the soul. A simple message could really make her day just a little brighter. Need a card, let me know! I will send one to you :) Need her address, let me know! I will e-mail it to you :) maxbritchick@yahoo.com

"We love you Dad"

No comments: