Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Parents

This picture was taken in 2006 at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Salt Lake City, UT. Don't they look such a cute couple? Rebecca and I were discussing today how they have been inseperable ever since they have known each other.

Dad has learned so much about Joseph Smith during his life. He has read hundreds and hundreds of books and has studied all about him. His testimony of Joseph Smith and of the church has never wavered. He has always stood firm to his beliefs. He was always proud of the fact that they had the same initials.

If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, please visit http://www.lds.org/

We always had so much fun when my parents came to visit. In yesterdays post, I stated that I promised my Dad I would look after my Mother the best I could. When Dad does pass on, we will have Mom come here to visit us for a while. I think it will be really good for her to take a break as she surely will deserve it. We would love for her to live here with us but she feels the need to stay in England. I can understand that. (Just a little :) I do know it won't be the same without Dad with her, but his spirit will always be with us.

We will be able to go shopping until our hearts content. Dad always wanted to come with us but really really did not enjoy shopping. He would sit on the benches in the mall and wait for us. He would always remind us that we had enough pairs of shoes and didn't need any more clothes. WHAT! A woman can never have too many pairs of shoes.

We have been blessed beyond measure with wonderful parents. They are THE best and we as their children have a lot to live up to that is for sure.

"We love you Dad"

No comments: