Sunday, November 23, 2008

Godspeed your love

Have you seen the movie, "GHOST?"

This picture was taken in Las Vegas, May 2008. It was the day before I was leaving for my surprise visit to England. Little did I know what significance this picture would have when I took it. I have been wanting to take a photography course for some time now as I am not very good at taking pictures.

Every time I look at this picture, I think of the movie, GHOST! I think of how the good spirits come to take 'Sam' at the end. Without a doubt, do I know that the light will shine strong and bright when Dad goes back home. Many times I have imagined him throwing his arms around his Mother and Father and his brothers and sisters who have passed before him. During one of our very last 'real' conversations, he reminded me how we have so many ancestors to get to know and be re-acquainted with when we leave this earthly life. Dad not only has many many ancestors but many many friends. It really is a wonderful picture in my mind as I see him laughing, chatting and hugging people.

I laugh and cry at the same time when I think of him begging God to bring my Mother, 'his Val' home as he will just miss her terribly. I guess as there will be no pain or heartache after this life that he won't miss her as much as she will miss him.

Dad has led a very good life. He has served his fellow men. He has been a wonderful husband, father and grandad. He has loved his family and done his very best for them. He has been a good friend. He has exemplified so many fine traits during his life.

The light will draw him home one day soon. His wife, family and friends don't have to doubt for one minute where JOHN SIMS will be going.

Lonely rivers flow to the sea,to the sea
to the open arms of the sea
lonely rivers sigh 'wait for me, wait for me'
I'll be coming home wait for me


"We love you Dad"

No comments: