Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Like Dad, wish I was taller!

This is a picture of Lance and I in Hawaii this past week. I was laughing when I saw it as I thought of Dad always worrying about his height. He always wished he was taller. Lance is 6'4" and I am 5' 3" and a peanut ;)

Reminds me of the story of David and Goliath from the Bible. (Not that I am referring to Lance as Goliath or in any way that I would ever think of killing him! Knocking him out maybe, killing him No! :) Dad didn't fear any man and I think of David taking 5 stones and killing Goliath. No matter what was asked of Dad he would do it (providing it was for the good). He wouldn't question. He told us as his children many times to not question things that were for the good, but to just do it. He really was a wise and obedient man.

NOW I really did see Goliath in Hawaii : A fantastic basketball player, an awesome singer and a Stampin' Up! board member, Thurl Bailey who actually played the role of Goliath in a movie.

Thurl joked with his wife as she took the picture "Hey did you get Max in the picture?" I actually look 3'5" in this picture :) oh......and don't forget the peanut !

"We love and miss you Dad"

2 comments:

Alan Tong. said...

Maxine,

Did you know that Thurl is a member of the Church? When he was finished playing for the Utah Jazz, he went to play in Italy. He was converted to the Church whilst in Italy.

What is this organisation you have made a couple of references to?

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Hey Max,

Did Thurl sing for you guys? He's such a great guy. I can never see him without remembering Carol and her famous picture with him!