Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter


Happy Easter!
Today is a very significant day for everyone. It is to be remembered as the day Jesus Christ, our Savior suffered and died for humankind. I have always been grateful for this but ever since Dad passed away, this has meant much more to me. It is because of the Savior's atonement that I can not only see Dad again but live with him forever. That used to be a hard concept for me to grasp, but not anymore.

Dad has taught us all our lives how important it was that Jesus died for us but more importantly that he was resurrected. Some of my friends would often ask why our church did not display a cross either inside or outside the church. I let them know that whilst we believe and are grateful Jesus died for us, we dwell on the fact that he rose from the dead and we celebrate a 'Risen' Lord.

Our tradition for Easter growing up always involved Easter Eggs, chocolate etc. but more importantly, we were taught to remember what Easter was really about. Dad had a firm testimony all his life of the Savior and his mission.

How grateful we all should be that the babe who was born in humble surroundings, who suffered, bled and died for us was resurrected so that we could live eternally one day. I look forward to that day very much.

~John Sims. "Always to be remembered! Never to be forgotten!"

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: