Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fun in the sun AND the water

This is Lance and I in Hawaii. We had so much fun this day. We drove to the beach and a guy asked us if we wanted to hire a kayak. As we paddled our way 2 1/2 miles across the ocean to Captain Cook's monument, I couldn't help but think of Dad. As I have said before, he loved the water and I knew he would just love it in the kayak. The sun was beating down on us and I told Lance that our marriage relied on him keeping me upright in the kayak. :) He did a good job. Look how beautiful and clear the water is. You could see all the fish. I got 'spiked' by some sea creature on the shore and it stung like heck. We paddled back and the sea was much more choppy on the way back. It was much harder to paddle. As we approached the shore, the waves were smashing against the rocks. I thought for sure we would end up in the sea at this point, but no we were just fine.
We spent lots of time in East Park (Hull, England) growing up. We never had a lot of money, nor did we need any to have a fabulous time together. We would often go in a rowing boat, or a motor boat. Dad loved for us to relax whilst he oared his way around the lake. We even went in the sea on our days at Bridlington. This was a little more scary than a lake :)

This is an 'old' picture taken of East Park. Lots of happy memories!


~John Sims ~ Always to be remembered! Never to be forgotten!

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: