Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not Important how a man died, but how he lived!


Today I listened to a wonderful talk by President Eyring who is the 1st Counselor in the General Presidency of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." I was really touched by his comments. He spoke about taking care of the widows and of course I was touched (in tears) as I thought of my Mother.

I KNOW Dad would not want us moping around or even talking about him not being here. He would want us to be positive. He was such a good Husband and Father and that is why the pain is so unbearable. I miss his jokes, his phone calls, his visits and everything about him. I gave him a real hard time as a teenager and out of his 4 kids I gave him the real run around. I used to be really bothered about these years and now it seems like everything does not matter anymore. What does matter is he was the best Dad and his heart was always full of forgiveness and compassion for all. He always looked out for everyone and helped them whenever he could.

I wrote a quote down today that I will always remember:
"It isn't important how a man died but how he lived". This is so true about Dad. He died a terrible death in my opinion. He was ill for so long, but that is not important in th grand scheme of things. He is free from all his pain now and death was a doorway into the spirit world where he is free from all earthly care. What is important, is how he lived. I know he has no worries (and neither do we) about his judgment day. Doing good was an everyday part of Dad's life. He lived to serve others.

So to all my family and friends AND myself: Though we mourn our great loss and wish beyond anything that Dad was with us and never got ill to begin with, we really have nothing to worry or fear. I can only imagine Dad looking down on all of us and begging, pleading with us to win the race, to fight the good fight just as he did.

I simply cannot wait to see you again Dad.



"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: