Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Rebecca!


Today is Rebecca's birthday. She is Dad's favorite daughter! Well favorite youngest. I am his favorite oldest daughter :) We both are very blessed to have a wonderful Father. We both wish we could have had him with us much longer than we did, but we know that Dad is in a much better place and is looking just as forward to seeing us again as we are him.

I remember so well the day Rebecca was born. I had just turned 5 years old when Dad told Michael and I that Mom was in the hospital and had just had her baby. Michael was wishing for a brother, I was wishing for a sister. My wish came true.....Michael's wish would come true 2 years later. ;)

Rebecca was born in Ferriby(the outskirts of Hull). I remember feeling so excited when I saw her. Up until this time, I had been the baby of the family but now I was the BIG sister. "Daddy let me can" and "Dubadubadee" are a couple of Rebecca's most famous sayings.
Here are a few pictures of Rebecca

Happy Birthday to my favorite sister....(I can say that as she is my only one!!)

I love you Rebecca and hope you are having a wonderful day. Wish I could be there with you. ;)
~John Sims. "Always to be remembered! Never to be forgotten!"

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: