Saturday, April 11, 2009

Choose the Right

Today I took my van to get the safety and emissions (MOT in England). Whilst waiting, Natalie, Kayleigh, John and I went to a book shop Dad loved to go to when he came to visit. We were sad to see it was closing (rather typical to see these days). Due to the fact they were closing, all the books were 50-75% off. Dad would have loved that. We bought quite a few books and I bought a cute frame which had this saying on it :

"Choose the Right" -------it's more than a hymn title, more than a slogan. It's the only path to happiness" - L. Tom Perry

I have been thinking all day about this (so glad I bought it) and just how true it is. Dad taught his children all his life that "Wickedness never was happiness". He taught that the only way to be truly happy was to do good. I have seen both sides of this. I look back on my life and see how miserable I really was when I was not doing good, although at the time I 'THOUGHT' I was happy.

Thinking of Dad makes me want to be good all the time.

~John Sims~ "Never to be forgotten! Always to be Remembered"

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: