Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Butcher's life for Dad!

I am really looking forward to the weekend. I have been working long days to make up hours so I can take off Thursday and Friday. I have been invited to a Retreat with my friends in St George (Southern Utah). I am really looking forward to it.

I MISS MY DAD SO TERRIBLY!!! I am so heartbroken that he is no longer with us and some days just seem so painful to bear. I thought of how hard he worked during his life. He worked hard to provide for his family and he worked even harder to serve God. The word lazy would never ever be a word to describe Dad. He barely ever sat down. He loved to work hard and the pleasure in his life came from serving God and his fellowmen.

Dad spent many years as a butcher. We were very fortunate growing up as we ate a lot of meat and it was cooked by our Mom who always made great meals. . I remember going into the butcher's shop one day and he was cutting up a pig. As a young child I was just so mesmerised at this. On another occasion when I went in the shop, he had put a pigs foot up his sleeve and went to give me a hug. I about fell over.
As I got older, I would often call him to ask what meat to buy when I was at the store. He loved it when I asked his opinion.

He was such a good Dad. I simply cannot wait to see him again ;)

~John Sims- "Never to be forgotten - Always to be Remembered"

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: