Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!


Hello Family and Friends,
I am so sorry for neglecting to post to this blog. It has been extremely difficult for me and I am so grateful to those of you who have e-mailed to let me know you miss the posts.

I couldn't miss today. We celebrated Mothers Day here in the US and my dear Mom celebrated her birthday. I call Mom on a daily basis and today was another one of 'those' hard days. I so wanted to be with her and all I can do is think of last year at this time when I flew over to surprise her for her 70th birthday. That visit was the last time I saw my Father alive.

Not only is she my Mother but she is my dear friend. I know how hard it is to be without my Dad and I cannot even imagine what she is going through. I am looking forward to June when Rebecca, Gary and their children come to visit us and then in July when my Mom comes to visit.

Today I gave the lesson in Relief Society and part of the lesson was about the power of healing. I really wished Dad could have been healed completely of his cancer but I do realize that God knows all and one day we will see him and live with him again. I often wonder who will be the first to see him.

~John Sims - "Never to be forgotten. Always to be remembered" ~

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: