Monday, February 23, 2009

Same place - different time

(Picture taken Aug 2007)
Isn't it amazing how much we miss something when it is taken away from us?
I miss my Dad's letters. He was always so good at writing. He would always let us know what was going at home and share with us his feelings about his family, his faith and his life.
Dad never complained about what he was having to deal with.




Here is the same location. (Feb 2009)

I couldn't resist asking Lance to take a picture of me standing by the mail box. I got emotional so we had to wait a few minutes so I could compose myself.
I can't mail a letter to Dad nor can he mail one to me, but we both know what we have in our hearts. I have many, many letters that I will treasure forever.
If there is anyone you can think of that would appreciate a letter from you, then I would advise you to send it now. A letter can make someone's day brighter. I don't think Dad realized at the time of his writing and mailing letters just how much they would mean to me.
"We love and miss you Dad"

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh Max...that is so sad. I think I have to compose myself too before I go on. I'm so sorry for your loss! What a sweet picture though!!! Love you friend!