Friday, February 20, 2009

Music at the funeral


The music which was chosen for the funeral :

Entering -
Organ : How Great Thou Art

Opening Hymn -

Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below.
This verse is not in our hymn book but it is worth posting
(Be still, my soul: when dearest friends depart,
And all is darkened in the vale of tears,
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrow and thy fears.
Be still, my soul: thy Jesus can repay
From His own fullness all He takes away. )

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord.
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past
All safe and blessèd we shall meet at last.


Musical Item -

Come Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of God's unchanging love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I'm come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
Come Thou Fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of God's unchanging love.

Closing Hymn -

Our Savior’s love
Shines like the sun with perfect light,
As from above, It breaks through clouds of strife.
Lighting our way, It leads us back into his sight,
Where we may stay
To share eternal life.

The Spirit voice
Of goodness whispers to our hearts
A better choice Than evil’s anguished cries.
Loud may the sound
Of hope ring till all doubt departs
And we are bound
To him by loving ties.

Our Father, God
Of all creation, hear us pray
In reverence, awed By thy Son’s sacrifice.
Praises we sing.
We love thy law; we will obey.
Our heavenly king,
In thee our hearts rejoice.

Departing Music -
Organ "I Believe in Christ"


"We love and miss y0u Dad"

No comments: