Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dad's final resting place


"I am the way the truth and the life; No man cometh unto the Father but by me."- John 14:6

I have been thinking so much about resurrection and eternal life just lately. Today as I spoke with my Mom, who is doing remarkably well by the way, I shared with her how I was contemplating life without Dad. If I live to be 80 years old, that will mean my whole life time again without seeing Dad. To me, that is rather unbelievable. I cannot comprehend that.

This is a picture of Dad's resting place. This was taken on the day I flew back to the US, 2 weeks after the funeral. The flowers still looked beautiful. Red and White, the colors of his beloved Rugby Team, Hull Kingston Rovers. I picked a red rose and took it to my Mom.

Can you imagine how life would be if you thought you would never see your loved ones again? If you are someone who doesn't know/believe you will, my heart aches for you. I cannot imagine that feeling. There is no doubt in my mind that I will see Dad again. Not only will I see him, but I will live with him forever. That used to seem hard to imagine for me years ago. Eternity, forever and ever, I could not imagine it. NOW I can. I can imagine how wonderful that will be now I have lost such a special person in my life. I cannot comprehend fully, but I can imagine. Imagination is a wonderful thing. I can imagine living with all my family forever, as I never want to be parted again.

I am just so grateful that my Dad lived his life in such a way that I have no doubt in my mind where he is , what he is doing and where he will be once the judgment day is here.

Whilst at the graveside, the day I left my home city, I said the following :

"Dad, thank you for being such a wonderful Father. I love you so much and my little heart aches so much. I feel saddened you were taken away, and under such heart wrenching circumstances but I am so grateful for the knowledge I have. Until we meet again xxx"

"We love and miss you Dad"

No comments: