Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Princes Quay

Dad was very proud of his place of birth, Kingston Upon Hull, England. He was very proud to be a Brit and loved his home city. He loved to visit us here in the US but Hull was always his home.

This picture was taken Feb 09 at Princes Quay in Hull. It is a shopping center/mall. Dad liked to go in here and he did so pretty often. He would often say "There's nothing like this in America is there love?" and laugh as he was saying it.

This mall has "Security Guards" walking around and Dad would make us laugh when we would see one of them. Dad would say "WOW look at him, I am really shaking with fright"..... oh and that was another thing he said "Look at him, he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding."

That was one of the many things I admired about Dad: He had no fear. He instilled that in us. Not to be fearful of anyone. He told that to my brother in law, Gary. Never show fear. Always stand up to people.

His famous saying "The bigger they are the faster I run" and yet I didn't see him run from anyone.......except my Mother when it was pay day (Tee hee)


"We love and miss you Dad"


No comments: