Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Music

I was asked to play the organ at church today. The last time I played was November 2008 when Dad was getting really sick.  I basically asked for my release from this calling as I was so emotional and was sobbing whilst playing.  It truly was a blessing that I had played for so many years and knew the hymns really well.

I had no idea what the hymns would be until I got to church so had no chance to practice.  The hymns were:
# 134 I Believe in Christ
#191 Behold the Great Redeemer Die
# 200 Christ the Lord is Risen Today
#198 That Easter Morn

As General Conference falls on Easter this year, there is only this week and next to sing Easter Hymns.  I could sing them anytime of year.  It is great to sing of a Risen Savior.
I was familiar with all of them and each one has a special meaning and really strengthened my testimony of the Resurrection. Life seems to be getting harder without Dad in it.  I miss him tremendously and my heart aches that he is not part of my life.  Of course, in spirit he is and I feel his presence daily.  He taught me so much about life and the gospel. 

It is very reassuring to know that we will meet again and that we will live together eternally.  There is no doubt in my mind that he passed the test, that he won the race and that he is doing what he did best here on the earth - Missionary work. 

I am so very grateful that I was born into such a wonderful family. I treasure my memories and look so forward to the day when we will be re-united.

We love and miss you Dad

No comments: