Sunday, December 20, 2009

The cute elderly couple

Today's program at church was wonderful.  I 're-joined' the choir, something I have wanted to do for a while.  Singing Christmas Carols last year would have been impossible for me.  I wouldn't have been able to get through them.  All I could think of last year during Christmas was my Dad laying there helpless and my Mom feeling even more helpless as she looked on.  This year seemed so much easier as I know Dad is no longer suffering and he is in a much better place.  My thoughts are obviously with my Mom.  I cannot even imagine how she really feels.
After the meeting, I saw an elderly couple walking out of church.  I did not recognize them but what I did notice was this cute couple holding hands.  I looked at my Daughter, Kayleigh and said "Oh Kayleigh, I wanted to see my Mom and Dad get to that age together".  My eyes welled up and my friend Natalie was walking up to me with a kleenex at the ready. :)  I learned that the cute elderly couple were her parents.  She knew what I was thinking and gave me a big hug.  Don't you just love friends like that? 
This evening we watched "Mr Kruger's Christmas".  It is a beautiful story of  a lonely man whose life is brightened by the visit of Christmas carolers.  It's a classic.  I watched it many times with my Dad.

"We love and miss you Dad'"

No comments: